The funds of the sale will be used for teacher training and other course offerings in Ireland, reports The Irish Times.
Through the acquisition, TES will be able to deliver a suite of digital services ranging from teacher training over professional development to classroom resources and jobs to educators and schools in the UK.
TES Global has acquired several edtech startups in the past twelve months, including Wikispaces, Blendspace and Vision for Education. In April TES Global acquired higher education job board UniJobs. It was merged with Times Higher Education (THE) to create a leading global content, data and jobs business for the sector.
- TES Global Acquires Leading Digital Teacher Training Company Hibernia College UK | Press Release
- Hibernia College sells UK e-learning subsidiary | The Irish Times
Latest posts by Kay Alexander (see all)
- France: Klassroom raises 300.000 Euro - September 30, 2016
- Game-Based Learning Platform Kahoot! raises $10 million - September 27, 2016
- France: Nomad Education raises 800.000 Euro - September 17, 2016