last updated: 03/2017
The 151 German edtech startups on this list have raised around €192 million in the past 10 years, with ResearchGate (€80m), Bettermarks (€29m), babbel (€28m) and Studitemps (€15m) leading the list.
60 of the 130 still active German edtech startups on this list are headquartered in Berlin. Munich and Cologne come in second with 10 each, followed Hamburg with 5.
The most popular verticals for edtech in Germany are Higher Education followed by K-12, Language Learning and Lifelong Learning.
- Higher Education: 35
- K-12: 31
- Language Learning: 18
- Lifelong Learning: 17
By purchasing the EdTech Startup List: Germany you will gain access to 151 edtech startups. Each entry is carefully researched and covers the following points (when information is publicly available):
- Company Name, Website
- Country, City
- Founding Date, Founders
- B2C, B2B, Vertical, Type, Age Group, Language
- Investment, Investor, Accelerator
- User / Download numbers
- CrunchBase / AngelList Profile / LinkedIn Company Page
Picture Nicolas Raymond via freestocks.ca
Latest posts by Kirsten Winkler (see all)
- EdTech Market Brief: Germany - March 9, 2017
- European EdTech Raised over €62 Million in Q4 2016 - February 23, 2017
- EdTech Startup List: Netherlands - February 1, 2017